Our newest member of the Lawline Family is Joy Payne, talented Video Producer and Pudding Girl (newly appointed nickname based on her stellar performance at her first office game night). Here are Joy’s thoughts on starting at Lawline:
1) How was the interview process for you?
The interview process happened on a three phase level that I felt went smoothly via the phone, and in-person. I was surprised initially that the interviews lasted as long as they did.
2) Before stepping foot into the office, what did you imagine Lawline would be like?
I imagined Lawline was similar to a law firm, where everyone wore suits and used wireless headphones.
3) What was your first day like? Was it like you thought it would be?
On my first day, I was welcomed with open arms by the entire staff. Everyone remembered me from my in person interviews. I left the day with a thorough understanding of my benefits as an employee and being comfortable enough to ask questions.
4) What would you say is your GROW moment?
I have been here for a month and as of now my GROW moment is continual. I have not had one distinct moment that I would say held the biggest growth. If anything, being able to shoot a program by myself with confidence has been the biggest moment of growth.
5) Do you have a favorite PLAY occasion?
My favorite play occasion has been game night, engaging in a fun creative way with employees.
6) Anything else that you would like to share?
Lawline has been the first organization where I have felt comfortable being myself.
Welcome to the team, Joy!