Department Tip of the Week: CPE

Lawline Staff | August 7, 2012

In addition to our already sterling Continuing Legal Education (CLE) course library, Lawline has recently begun developing its Continuing Professional Education (CPE) courses for accountants, enrolled agents (EA) and registered tax return preparers (RTRP).
Our CPE department has been feverishly adding courses each week, but it's important for Lawline as well as it's potential audiences to know the important basics of CPE.  This week, the CPE department will help explain the differences between the many types of professionals that are required to take CPE credits across the country.

1.  RTRP.  All tax preparers who are paid to prepare tax returns are subject to the RTRP requirements.  Attorneys, Certified Public Accountants, and Enrolled Agents are generally exempt.
2.  EA. An EA is a person who has earned the right of representing taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service
3.  CPA. A Certified Public Accountant is an individual who has graduated from a post-secondary learning institution with a degree in accounting.

When booking and presenting CPE courses it's important to keep these factors in mind since different classes cater to different professionals.

Share this!

Related Posts

We're Hiring!

If you love our Company Culture and want to join our team, check out our Careers Page and see if we're currently hiring!

Lawline Careers